International Child Care is a Christian health development organization. Operating in Haiti since 1967 and in the Dominican Republic since 1988, ICC is working to change the conditions of poverty that impact health and well-being.
Our vision is health and wholeness for children and families in empowered communities.
Our mission is in response to a loving God, our mission is to provide financial, educational, and volunteer resources which promote health and well being to the children and families of Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
Our programs center around three goals:
- Preventing Illness among children and their families through immunization, oral re-hydration, vitamin A distribution, prenatal care, clean water projects, training of traditional birth attendants and community based health promoters
- Restoring Health for children and adults who have fallen ill through TB and HIV treatment, outpatient medical clinics at Grace Children's Hospital and curative care services through our Integrated Community Health projects
- Promoting Health for children and their families through health education, pre- and post-natal care, reproductive health services, growth monitoring and community based rehabilitation for children with disabilities
Commitment to Accountability
International Child Care USA has been working alongside the people of Haiti and the Dominican Republic for more than 40 years. Our organization is governed by a volunteer board of directors whose members are not compensated for their service. Our financial records are independently audited by an outside firm each year and those statements are available to the public upon request. Results from our programs and a financial summary are available in our Annual Report.
Commitment to Children's Rights
International Child Care USA strongly supports and upholds the Convention on the Rights of the Child. We are committed to respect and ensure the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of children. We abide by the Convention's standards for health, education, legal, civil and social services for children.
How You Can Help
- Make a donation using our secure online form.
- Visit the programs and build cross-cultural relationships.
- Teach your kids about mission with the Child to Child curriculum.
- Sew diapers and gowns for Grace Children’s Hospital.
- Assemble Healthy Birth Kits.
- Host an “ICC Sunday” at your church.
Where are you located?
Our US National Office is located in Kalamazoo, MI. International Child Care also has offices in Port-au-Prince, Haiti; Santiago, Dominican Republic; and Ontario, Canada.
Can I visit your programs?
Yes! You can spend a week experiencing ICC’s programs first hand on a Mission Education Encounter Team trip. Or, if you will be traveling to Haiti or the Dominican Republic and would like arrange a day-long visit to Grace Children’s Hospital or one of the community projects where ICC works, just contact the US office.
Can I donate items?
ICC makes every effort to purchase items locally to stimulate the economies in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. We also try to keep our costs down by avoiding expensive overseas shipments when possible. Because of this, we are only able to accept a few specific types of donated items. Learn more about the in-kind items we accept or contact us for more information or questions about specific items.
If you have items like clothes and toiletries that don’t fit with ICC’s current needs, try contacting a local non-profit organization, such as a homeless shelter, that might be able to put them to good use right in your own community.
Can I work for ICC?
Staffing needs in each of ICC’s national offices are determined by that country’s National Director. The bulk of our staff positions are in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, and are staffed by residents in those program areas. In order to work as efficiently as possible, ICC has a very small US staff. You can always contact our office to inquire about current job, internship, and volunteer opportunities.